IIT JAM 2023
This year Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati is going to conduct the conduct the Examination of Joint Admission test for Masters(JAM).
Jam 2023 is a Computer Based Test(CBT) with a fully objective type Questions which are divided in three sections.
- Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ)
- Multiple Answer Question(MSQ)
- Numerical Answer Type(NAT) Questions.
Candidates can sit for two papers if they want to. The respective fee details are given below.
Those students who want to apply and are eligible can apply from 07 September 2022 to 12 October 2022. The IIT JAM 2023 exam will be held on 12 February 2023 and the Result will be declared on 22nd March 2023.
Check Eligibility, Exam Procedures below.
Table of Contents
Subjects for Admission in IIT JAM 2023
There are seven subjects in which the admission will take place.
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Economics (EN)
- Geology (GG)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Physics (PH)
IIT JAM 2023 seats
There are around 3000 seats for postgraduates in IITs in which admission takes place.
The IIT JAM 2023 Score can be used in various other Top Government institutes like CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET for over 2300 seats.
- Application Begin: 07/09/2022
- Last Date for Apply Online: 11/10/2022
- Exam Date: 12/02/2023
- Admit Card Available: 14/01/2023
- Result Declare: 22/03/2023
- Single Paper
- General / OBC / EWS : 1800/-
- SC / ST / PH / Female : 900/-
- Double Paper
- General / OBC / EWS : 2500/-
- SC / ST / PH/ Female : 1250/-
IIT JAM 2023 Elibility
- The Candidate must have passed their Bachelor’s and have a degree by 30 September 2022.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to the policy of the Admitting Institute.
- The candidates have to provide a Physical fitness test from the medical practitioner.
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2023
- The Registration portal will open after 07 september 2022.
- Head to the Important links section and Click on Apply Now.
- Open the registration link and fill up your basic details.
- Note down your registration number and go to the login section and Fill your all details and upload your photo and Signature.
- Pay your fee through online mode and your form is filled.
- Take a screenshot or printout of your Final submitted form, which help you in IIT JAM Admit card.
IIT JAM 2023 - Admit card
IIT JAM 2023 Admit card release Date is postponed.
IIT Guwahati(conducting JAM 2023) claims that the IIT Jam Admit card will release on 14th January.
Candidates can check the official website of IIT Guwahati.
Link given in important links section
IIT JAM 2023 Test Pattern
- This section contails all MCQ-type questions.Each question has 4 choices in which only one is correct.
- 10 Question contains 1 mark each.
- 20 questions carry 2 marks each.
- For each incorrect question, 1/3 and 2/3 marks will be deducted respectively.
- This Section Contains all MSQ(Multiple select questions). Each question has 4 choices in which one or more than one is correct.
- This section has 10 questions of 2 marks each.
- No negative marking in this section.
- This section contains Numerical Answer Type(NAT) questions.
- This section has 10 question of 1 mark and 10 question of 2 marks each.
- The questions are designed in a way that the answer will come in real integers and candidates have to enter with a virtual keyboard on the monitor.
- No Negative marking in this section.
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus of All Subjects
The Biotechnology (BT) Test Paper comprises Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
We will give you a topics in every subjects the details will be given in IIT JAM Syllabus PDF.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Biology
- Animal Biology
- Methods in Biology
- Cell Biology
- Biochemical techniques
- Molecular biology techniques
- Structure and properties of Atoms
- Bonding in molecules
- Chemical kinetics, thermodynamics, and equilibrium
- Physical and chemical properties of compounds
- Chemistry of organic compounds
- Instrumental techniques
Sets; Relations and Functions; Mathematical Induction; Logarithms; Complex numbers; Linear and Quadratic equations; Sequences and Series; Trigonometry; Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates; Straight lines and Family; Three Dimensional Geometry; Permutations and Combinations; Binomial Theorem; Vectors; Matrices and Determinants; Boolean Algebra; Functions; Limits and Continuity; Differentiation; Ordinary Differential Equations; Application of Derivatives; Integration as inverse process of differentiation; Definite and indefinite integrals; Methods of Integration; Integration by parts.
Units and measurements; Motion in one and two dimensions; Laws of motion; Work and kinetic energy; Conservation of energy; System of particles and rotational motion; Mechanical properties of solids and fluids; Thermal properties of matter; Heat and laws of thermodynamics; Kinetic theory of gases; Electric charge and field; Electric potential and capacitance; Current, resistance and simple circuits; Moving charges and magnetic field; Magnetism and matter; Electromagnetic induction; Electromagnetic waves; Alternating currents; Optics: Geometrical Optics – Reflection by spherical mirrors, Refraction at spherical surfaces and lenses, Total internal reflection and Optical instruments; Wave optics – Reflection and refraction of plane waves, Interference, Diffraction, Polarization, and Young’s experiment: Dual nature of radiation and matter; Atoms, nuclei and nuclear physics; Semiconductor materials, devices and simple circuits.
IIT JAM 2023 Chemistry Syllabus with PDf
- Atomic and Molecular Structure
- Gaseous State
- Liquid State
- Solid State
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry
- Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications
- Qualitative Organic Analysis
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Aromatic and Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Periodic Table
- Extractions of Metals
- Chemical Bonding and shapes of molecules
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks
- Transition Metals (d block)
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Analytical Chemistry
IIT JAM 2023 Economics(EN) Syllabus
- Theory of production and cost
- Consumer theory
- General equilibrium and welfare
- Market structure
- Game theory
- Public goods and market failure
- National income accounting
- Behavioural and technological functions
- Business cycles and economic models (closed economy)
- Business cycles and economic models (open economy)
- Inflation and unemployment
- Growth models
Statistics for Economics
- Probability theory
- Mathematical statistics
- Hypothesis testing
- Correlation and regression
- Indian economy before 1950
- Planning and Indian development
- Indian economy after 1991
- Banking, finance and macroeconomic policies
- Inequalities in social development
- India’s labour market:
Mathematics for Economics
- Preliminaries and functions
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations, and difference equations
- Linear algebra
IIT JAM 2023 Geology Syllabus with PDF
- The Planet Earth
- Structural Geology
- Economic Geology
- Applied Geology
IIT JAM 2023 Mathematics(MA) Syllabus with PDF
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers
- Functions of One Real Variable
Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations
- Functions of Two or Three Real Variables
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
Linear Algebra and Algebra
- Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces
IIT JAM 2023 Mathematical Statistics(MS) Syllabus with PDF
The Mathematical Statistics (MS) Test Paper comprises following topics of Mathematics (about 30% weight) and Statistics (about 70% weight).
- Sequences and Series of real numbers
- Differential Calculus of one and two real variables
- Integral Calculus
- Matrices and Determinants
- Univariate Distributions
- Standard Univariate Distributions
- Multivariate Distributions
- Standard Multivariate Distributions
- Limit Theorems
- Sampling Distributions
- Methods of Estimation
- Testing of Hypotheses
IIT JAM 2023 Physics(PH) Syllabus with PDF
- Mathematical Methods
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Oscillations, Waves and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics